Life and woes of an anime otaku living in suburbia..

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Mystery Boy, me and Neil..


It was sometime during my early university days.
I found out Neil Gaiman was going to do a book signing in the Silver Snail downtown (Toronto). I got there and dutifully lined up. Unlike my shy self I struck up a conversation with a guy and another girl. We talked of Sandman and bands. We finally got to meet our hero and the guy produced a camera (which in my hurry I forgot to bring). So I got a picture taken with Neil. I was dressed up rather Death like which I was rather proud of. Not only dressed in black and eyes heavily lined with black, I had my shiny new Doc Martens. After that we all went our own ways and I got the number of the guy who promised to contact me when he got the pictures developed. Somehow it sounded like an excuse eventhough there was a valid reason for him to call me. Well I saw that guy only one time afterwards - he gave me this tape of this band he kept going on about. Turned out to be the Stone Roses. It was nothing like anything i'd heard of before. The Manchester scene was just arriving to Canada and it was exciting and new. Never did got to see my picture or that guy again. Don't even recall his name. Shamefully I was a bit turned off since it was obvious he fancied me and being admired wasn't something I could really deal with. Now being a bit more mature I can deal with folks no matter what their baggage...But still. I wished i'd seen that picture of the me and neil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home